Keys to Success
There are lots of things you can do to take responsibility for your learning and improve your performance in math class! How many of the strategies on this checklist do you do on a regular basis?
- Think! Use common sense to help you solve problems.
- Be able to explain your solution and your math thinking.
- Listen actively during lessons and ask questions.
- Participate in class discussions and group activities.
- Take notes in class.
- Use mental math (not a calculator) to perform simple calculations.
- Do your class assignments and homework.
- Keep track of daily and long-term assignments in your planner.
- Read the section of the textbook that corresponds with the homework assignment.
- Review your class notes when doing homework.
- Turn in your work on time.
- Double-check your work for simple errors.
- Correct mistakes on homework, quizzes, and tests.
- Seek assistance from the teacher after school.
- Organize your math materials, returned assignments, and notes.
- Use class time wisely.
- Study for tests (more than just the night before).