Math Materials & Supplies
Your math binder (with all required materials) must be at school no later than FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 2nd.
BRING TO MATH CLASS EVERY DAY:
- 1-1/2 to 2 inch math binder--You will need a separate math binder for math class with the following required materials and supplies.
- Graph paper spiral*--required for this class. This notebook must be GRAPH PAPER and it must be SPIRAL BOUND. Class work and homework will be completed in the graph paper spiral. (Most students will fill 2-3 spiral notebooks per school year!) If you cannot locate a graph paper spiral, they are available for $3.00 at our bookkeeper's office or may be obtained online.
- Dividers--organize 5 divided sections in your binder. Label your dividers: Course Info, Handouts, Word Banks, Tests & Quizzes, and Paper.
- Binder Paper--a small stack of college-ruled binder paper filed behind your "Paper" divider.
- Pencil Case--keep the following supplies stocked in your pencil case and bring to class every day: pencils, eraser, correcting pens, calculator (a scientific calculator such as the Texas Instruments TI-30XA), and a safety compass* (available for purchase for $3.00 at our bookkeeper's office).
- Textbook--you will be issued your own copy of each unit booklet to keep in your math binder until the end of the unit. Be sure to keep your textbook in your math binder at all times, so it will be available in class and at home.
*The sixth grade math fee provides one safety compass and one graph paper spiral for 6th grade students at the beginning of middle school.