What To Do When You're Absent
When you are absent, it is YOUR own responsibility to make up the work you missed. If you have questions, ask a friend or the teacher. For additional assistance, make an appointment to stay after school.
- LESSON/CLASS WORK: Read through the section of the textbook that you missed. Do all problems for the daily math investigation in your spiral.
- MATH SPIRAL NOTES: Ask a friend if you can copy any notes taken in class.
- HANDOUTS: Look in the file cart for any handouts you might need.
- ASSIGNMENTS DUE THE DAY YOU WERE ABSENT: These are due the day you return to earn full credit. It is your responsibility to get credit for your homework without being reminded.
- HOMEWORK ASSIGNED WHILE YOU WERE ABSENT: You have the same number of days that you were absent to get these assignments in for full credit. After that time, they will be considered late work.
- HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS: There are several ways to find out a homework assignment, including the wall calendar in the classroom, the Homework Hotline (837-5721), and the Assignments page on this website.
- LONG TERM ASSIGNMENTS: Students are not given extensions on long term assignments for absences taking place during the assignment.
- ASSESSMENTS: Checkups or Unit Tests must be made up within ONE WEEK of an absence. Make an appointment with Mrs. Pitasky to stay after school to make up your test.
- PRE-ARRANGED ABSENCES: If a student knows they will have an absence of three days of longer, they must obtain a Pre-Arranged Absence form from the school office, and take the form around to their teachers for signature. With the form, students can obtain assignments in advance of their absence. For shorter absences (1-2 days), assignments are not given in advance. Just check this website for assignments to complete during your absence.